The studio is in dye mode. I'm a little behind with where I had wanted to be but I've also made a decision to take my time with this. Usually when I'm dyeing, the next batch of cloth will be in the dye before I've finished processing the first. This satisfies my drive to get things done but it reduces the opportunity to respond to what's actually happening. So, this time I'm not setting up new dye baths until I've reviewed the previous results. I'm already glad of this as there are some nice surprises in the first batch … but also some things I want to change.
Things to change:
- Dye too strong, especially in the Dark buckets.
- A little too much red in the "brown" I mixed - and at first glance this seems to have affected the linen more than the cotton.
- Need more compression on some of the pleated resists - add clamps or bind around a core
Meanwhile, these are some of the highlights: